Close to retirement
We specialise in providing independent financial advice to people in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire who are close to retirement.
Typically, we find people considering retirement are in their late 50s or early 60s; although not always, some may be significantly older, or younger.
What can we help with?
Your retirement is as unique as you are; we know everyone wants something different.
If you are thinking about retiring it probably means you are over 55, perhaps in your 60s and starting to think about the next stage of your life. We know you will have questions and might be nervous about what lies ahead:
- “When can I retire?”
- “Can I afford to retire?”
- “What will I be able to do during the next stage of my life?”
We also know that retirement is changing. For many of us the days of finishing work at 60 or 65, picking up a gold watch, and immediately retiring, are gone. More of us than ever are retiring early and many are easing in to retirement by working part-time.
As we say, your retirement is as unique as your finger print. We are hugely experienced independent financial advisers and our job is to turn it into a financial reality.
There are of course specific problems, issues and challenges which we can help people who are close to retirement, solve. These include helping you to:
- Understand what you want to do in retirement; we find too many people don’t ever think seriously about what they want to achieve in retirement
- Understand how much income and capital you will need over the short, medium and long term, in retirement
- Identify the income your existing pensions, investments and savings will produce
- Decide on the best way to turn your pension in to an income
- Understand how much income you will get from the State Pension and when it will be paid
- Retire early, if that is something you want to do
- Ensure that your pensions pay the income you need for the rest of your life, and if applicable, that of your spouse or partner. The last thing you want to do is run out of money!
- Ensure your assets, including your pension, are passed on in accordance with your wishes when you die, in as a tax efficient way as possible
- Understand the risks you will face in retirement, for example stock market falls or inflation, and put a plan in place to deal with them
We’d love to hear from you
You might spend 20, 30, even 40 years in retirement. That’s a long time when you are unlikely to earn large sums of money or significantly increase your asset base. That means careful planning is needed to ensure the assets you have now are capable of lasting until you die.
That’s where we come in.
As retirement planning specialists, we will use our expertise to understand your objectives and then put a plan in place to help you achieve them.
Your retirement journey starts with one small step though, which you and only you can take, and that’s getting in touch with us. Our number is 07773 426 498 and we’d love to hear from you.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) does not regulate all types of pension, for example the State Pension. Nor does it regulate inheritance tax advice.